Vacuum Resin Infusion Hose – MTI®-hose
The MTI® hose (Membrane Tube Infusion) is a cutting edge production aide. It was developed to enhance the productivity, reliability and quality of the vacuum resin infusion process. It completely replaces the sometimes complex as well as time and money consuming standard vacuum port system setup. The MTI® hose is a vacuum resin infusion hose that is based on a spiral wrap with a semipermeable membrane sleeve. This supports air and gases to be drawn out of the bagged system while ensuring that the infused matrix material stays inside the laminate.
This technology offers a decisive impact on:
- The fast and simple vacuum system setup reduces labor and material costs. Thus it provides the possibility to cut cycle time particularly with the serial production of larger products such as wind turbine blades or hulls.
- The membrane technology reliably prevents that resin is drawn out of the laminate. Thus the calculated fiber to volume ratio can be realized precisely.
- The closed hydraulic system makes it easy to adjust the compaction of the laminate from the resin inlet side only.
- The membrane system is self-regulating in terms of resin flow which leaves less room for failure. There is no complex timing of clamping and opening different vacuum ports.
- A resin catch container is no longer necessary. Thus it enhances the process safety, reduces resin consumption. It also saves time and money for the preparation of the resin catch container and disposal of wasted resin.
- The MTI® hose is extremely easy to work with. It is flexible and pliable so it can be routed along the profile of very complex parts.
- Sort by Default Order